Other things to do outside the L.C. Ranch that we recommend
- Pinn Willie Steak House – Friday and Saturday, 435-454-3978. 8 Miles from the ranch.
- High Uintah Wilderness Area – Consists of 460,000 acres and over 500 mountain lakes – entrances within 15 miles from the LC Ranch
- Wildlife viewing – Just north of the LC Ranch is where all of animals come out of the High Uintah Mountains to spend the winter in the flatlands for all to see. – 15 miles from the LC Ranch.
- Fishing the Rock Creek, Yellowstone and Lake Fork rivers – 5-15 miles from the LC Ranch
- Hunting Elk, Deer, Pheasant, Duck, Goose, Turkey, Grouse, Sage Hen, Mourning Dove, Coyote (check proclomation for.hunt dates for State and Tribal lands)
- Mountain drives and picnic’s up to Rock Creek and Moon Lake recreation area’s on paved roads. – 12 miles from the LC Ranch
- Sand Wash Reservoir – 7 miles south of the LC Ranch
- Snowmobiling – Forest service trails – 10 to 20 miles from the LC Ranch
- ATV Forest service trails, you can ride up to the edge of the wilderness area – 20 miles from the LC Ranch
- Moon Lake Resort, has horseback riding, boating and camping – 20 miles from the LC Ranch – 435-454-3142
- Twin Potts, fishing on Ute Tribal land – 14 miles from the LC Ranch
- Clay Basin pond, fishing on Ute Tribal land – 5 miles from the LC Ranch
- Rock Creek Store Bed & Breakfast Guides, horses, Camping, Cabins and Lodge – 20 miles from the LC Ranch – 435-454-3332.
- Dinosaurland visitor center and quarry in Vernal – 50 miles from the LC Ranch. 435-789-6932
- Vernal LDS Temple – 50 miles from the LC Ranch
- Ute Indian Headquarters, Fort Duchesne, where the annual Powow is held – 435-722-5511. For Indian Elk Hunt information.
- Flaming Gorge Lodge Recreation area – 90 Miles from the LC Ranch – 435-889-3773
- Nine Mile Canyon petroglyphs – 50 miles from the LC Ranch
- Hatch River Expeditions, floating the famous Green River – 50 Miles from the LC Ranch – 435-789-4316
- Frontier Grill Restaurant – 16 miles from the LC Ranch – 435-722-3669
- Roosevelt Movie Theatres – 16 miles from the LC Ranch – 435-722-2095
- Dinaland Aviation, scenic flights – 50 miles from the LC Ranch – 435-789-4612
- Roosevelt Golf Course – 16 miles from the LC Ranch – 435-722-9644
- Roosevelt Bowling Alley – 16 miles from the LC Ranch – 435-722-2695
- Rod’s Mini Lube, towing service, car repair- 16 miles from the LC Ranch – 435-722-2739
- Hickens Chickens, Pleasant Valley Hunting Preserve, Pheasant Hunting Sept. to March – 18 Miles from the LC Ranch ……………435-646-3194
- Country Flair Western Wear – 1 mile from the LC Ranch – 435-454-3418
- Swaseys Grocery Store – 1 mile from the LC Ranch – 435-454-3818
- Sinclair Store and Restaurant – 1 mile from the LC Ranch -435-454-3090
We are located inside the boundry of the Ute Indian Reservation. More than 500,000 acres of hunting & fishing opportunities are available, however you need permits from the Ute Tribe which are available at their headquarters in Fort Duchesne @ 435-722-5511.
About half of the land in this area is Tribal land and the other half is Utah State land, you will need a state license to hunt and fish state land and a tribal license to hunt and fish tribal land.